Summer 2018 fashion trends: Summer dresses’ styles and patterns
What dresses we will wear this summer? The trends for Summer 2018 suggest various styles, colors and patterns. With a constant thread: a nostalgic penchant for vintage styles. Like the pretty 50s style dresses worn by Saoirse Ronan in Brooklyn, or the patterns sported by Duchess Sarah Ferguson in the 80s. A strong-hued déjà-vu with a few pastel tones.
Of course, there are also more innovative styles that play with patchwork and layering, but the apron and baby doll dresseswill be all the rage on the beach and in town. See in the gallery a selection of the best summer dresses spotted on the runway and follow our smart guide to choose the dress that will suit you best:
- The patterned summer dress, patchwork styles featuring different layered panels and patterns for a vibrant look. Try an oversized and light style also for work
- The check & plaid mania: not just for winter, as seen at Prada, where models wore ample pinafore dresses over polo shirts or lightweight blouses. A perfect multi-layered ensembleto flaunt come Spring.
- The oversized, lightweight dress. Perfect for those who are looking for comfort without sacrificing glamour.
- The shirtdress: a totally versatile garment, especially in classic white. It’s like a white canvas you can personalize with accessories.
- The floral dress: leave in your closet tropical prints and embrace botanical patterns. Pastel hued micro florals are back.
- The polka dot dress: in our opinion it’s the must-have piece for this Summer
- The baby doll dress: from Chanel to Emporio Armani to John Galliano, many designers offered romantic mini dressesin lace, satin and tweed, perfect for a ‘Lolita’ look.